Here are some little known facts about Halloween...
1.According to legend, if you see a spider on Halloween, it is a spirit of a loved one watching over you.
2.The first Jack-O-Lanterns were made from turnips not pumpkins.
3.The worlds larges pumpkin weighed 1,872 pounds
4.Six million American adults, (including us here at Hidden Realms), dress like witches for Halloween.
5.Witches were thought to hide their wands in their broom.
6. In the 19th century pumpkins were thought to cure snake bites, freckles, facial wrinkles and constipation in cats and dogs.
7.In medieval Britain people went from door to door begging soul cakes in exchange for prayers for the dead.
8. A special witches brew was said to be rubbed into the wood of a broom to give it powers of flight. (Sorry recipe not included)
9. During the ancient celebration of Samhain people would leave food and wine on their doorsteps to keep returning spirits at bay.
10. Witchcraft has been around throughout history in All parts of the world.
11. Candy corn was originally called "Chicken Feed". A picture of a rooster was on the box of this candy invented by George Renninger.
12. Young Scottish girls believed that hey would see their boyfriend's faces while looking into a mirror while walking downstairs at midnight on Halloween.
13. In mediaeval Europe, owls were thought to be witches. If you heard the owl's call this meant that someone was about to meet their demise.